At Enact Mortgage Insurance (Nasdaq: ACT), we understand that there’s no place like home. That’s why we bring our deep expertise, insightful offerings, and extra mile service to work every day to help lenders put more people in homes and keep them there.
We’re looking for a Reinsurance Operations Leader in Raleigh, NC or Bermuda to join us in fulfilling our mission, while utilizing our values of excellence, improvement, and connection. We are looking to expand our franchise through access to new reinsurance business opportunities consisting primarily of GSE credit risk transfer and other mortgage reinsurance transactions. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing and managing all operational aspects of our assumed and ceded reinsurance platforms, including ownership of both new and existing reinsurance processes for our assumed and ceded reinsurance platforms.
For our recently launched Enact Re platform, you will interact with internal business partners (legal, risk, finance, operations, and IT), external business partners (insurance managers, corporate services providers, regulators, rating agencies, and other third parties) in the assessment, underwriting, onboarding, management, and reporting of new and existing assumed reinsurance opportunities within our risk appetite.
You will also support Enact’s existing ceded reinsurance platform that seeks to maximize capital flexibility and volatility protection across both traditional reinsurance and insurance linked notes. In this capacity, you will interact with a cross functional team (legal, finance, risk, IT) to support deal execution, monitoring, and reporting processes.
WHY WORK AT ENACT
We bring innovative thinking to the situations at hand
We seek out and incorporate diverse views to strengthen our outcomes
We work on challenging and rewarding projects
We offer competitive benefits:
o Hybrid work schedule (shared in-office days Tuesdays – Thursdays)
o Generous Time Off
o 40 Hours of Volunteer Time Off
o Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment
o Paid Family Leave and Flexible Spending Accounts
o 401k with up to 5% employer match
o Fitness and Emotional Wellness Reimbursements
• Ensure proper contract administration, claims management, premium remittance and compliance with industry regulations
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams and contribute to the development of Enact Re’s reinsurance strategies and business plan execution
• Lead and work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Build and maintain the reinsurance operational infrastructure
• Work with internal audit to ensure a robust internal reporting and controls environment
• Lead reinsurance process, program, and technical operations management
• Provide regulatory and financial reporting guidance, management and reporting of affiliate quota share transactions, and integration of other reinsurance and diversification initiatives
• Foster relationships with internal teams, clients, and external partners
• Ensure reinsurance activities adhere to legal standards given strong knowledge of relevant industry regulations and compliance requirements
• Previous experience in the mortgage or reinsurance industry, with a deep understanding of reinsurance concepts, processes, and best practices
• Significant experience in reinsurance operations preferred, with progressively responsible roles that demonstrate a track record of success and leadership
• Strong leadership and managerial abilities to guide and inspire teams, delegate tasks effectively, and drive performance
• Proficiency in making informed decisions to structure reinsurance contracts and strategies
• Solid understanding of financial markets, risk management, reinsurance structures, and the ability to evaluate financial implications of reinsurance arrangements
• Proven ability to identify challenges, devise innovative solutions, and adapt strategies in a dynamic landscape
• Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or similar experience preferred
• Professional certifications such as those offered by reinsurance associations or risk management organizations can be advantageous
• Effective written and verbal communication to convey complex ideas to various audiences
• Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong ability to effectively form partnerships at all levels
Raleigh, NC (onsite hybrid schedule) or Bermuda
Enact is a leading publicly traded U.S. private mortgage insurance provider, offering borrower-centric products that enable lenders and other partners across the U.S. to help people responsibly achieve and maintain the dream of homeownership.
By empowering customers and their borrowers, Enact seeks to positively impact the lives of those in the communities in which it serves in a sustainable way. Headquartered in Raleigh, North Carolina, we play an active role in supporting a healthier Triangle community. We also support our colleagues’ philanthropic efforts in their home communities across the U.S.
Enact values all perspectives, characteristics and experiences, and DEI remains at the forefront of what we do. We strive to create an environment where employees can bring their full, authentic selves to work to help each other and their customers.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and all hiring decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and business need. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.