SUMMER 2023 INVESTMENT FELLOWSHIP AT MOBILITY CAPITAL
Mobility Capital (“MCG”) is an impact-aligned investment manager providing debt/lease capital, fleet/infrastructure financing, and other non-equity capital to the next-generation transportation space with $200 million of committed capital (fundraise announced July 2022). Our vision is to deploy capital to transform our global transportation, logistics, and mobility infrastructure into one that is sustainable, resilient, and inclusive. We see a technological renaissance making our current transportation assets and infrastructure obsolete as new asset classes emerge.
We are at the start of a super cycle where the world’s carbon-based transportation assets and systems are facing obsolescence and replacement. Venture capitalists have poured over $350 billion into mobility technology companies since 2015 but their dilutive equity is not appropriate for the capital-intensive fleet growth characteristic of transportation industries. This implies tremendous need for non-dilutive capital to fill the gap between highly dilutive VC capital and the traditional banks, lenders, and lessors who will not be ready to underwrite similar investments for years to come. Mobility Capital is working hard to address this critical need here and now.
Our team has overseen over 1,000 transportation finance transactions while working for investors such as TPG, Centerbridge, ATL Partners, and CD&R. We have built or led 8 best-in-class transportation investment platforms – expertise that we share with our customers to help them build robust financing ecosystems – and have a significant track record in successful venture capital impact investing.
More information is available at mobilitycapital.co.
The Investment Fellow will play a critical role in identifying and evaluating investment opportunities across emerging asset classes. As an Investment Fellow, you will work directly with the Founding Team who will help guide your workflow and deliverables.
The Investment Fellow role is crucial to the firm’s growth at this critical juncture. Among other work deliverables at the discretion of the Founding Team, your responsibilities will include:
• Identifying and connecting with stakeholders including companies, investors, and customers leading the adoption of next-generation mobility technologies;
• Evaluating and executing investments alongside experienced investment professionals;
• Managing ongoing fundraising and investor relations efforts;
• Preparing research reports and presentations outlining macro trends, industry dynamics, business development opportunities, and organizational matters;
• Maintaining a transaction tracking system;
• Taking notes on discussions with outside parties; and
• Contributing to improve processes, reduce risks, and increase controls.
This is a paid, full-time summer internship with a flexible term with a target of 3 months starting in May or June 2023. Working arrangements are flexible and the Investment Fellow may work remotely or at MCG’s headquarters in Miami Beach, FL.
• Hands-on, practical training in private markets investing and building an alternative asset management organization;
• Opportunity to work closely with the Founding Team to steer the direction of the organization; and
• Connection to a network spanning top universities, aviation/transportation businesses across the globe, private equity firms, investment banks, consultancies, law firms, and more.
For exceptional performers, a path to a permanent position or personal referral and references from the Founding Team for positions in alternative assets, aviation/transportation, green/impact investing, next-generation enterprises in transportation, and/or graduate school programs. Prior Investment Fellows have successfully continued on to private equity and other highly competitive investment professional roles.
• Must have completed a four-year undergraduate level degree program;
• 2+ years of experience in investment banking, private equity or debt, hedge fund, specialty finance, consulting, or other relevant experience;
• Demonstrated intellectual curiosity and large appetite for professional growth;
• Interest in transportation sectors and related technologies, the global clean energy transition, and impact investing;
• Superior academic and performance record;
• Strong industry research, financial modeling, and analytical skills;
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal communication, and written skills with a high level of maturity;
• Strong work ethic with the ability to work independently as well as on a team;
• Proven evidence of entrepreneurial ability and mindset;
• Self-directed, creative, and detail-oriented work style; and
• Fluent in use of Microsoft Office suite: Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
How to Apply
This will be a highly competitive process with limited positions available. To apply, please send resumes and cover letters to email@example.com.
Rolling application: filled on first-come, first-serve basis.