We are PepsiCo
PepsiCo is a playground for curious people. We invite thinkers, doers, and changemakers to champion innovation, take calculated risks, and challenge the status quo. From executives to leaders on the frontline, we’re excited about the future. We take chances. Together, we dare to make the world a better place.
Our associates are the magic ingredient. Each of them plays an integral role in helping create deep connections between people and our products. Think about your last group celebration: Chances are, one of our iconic brands was by your side. At PepsiCo, you’re invited to be a part of a global team of innovators who make, move, and sell these products—which are enjoyed by more than 1 billion people a day.
A career at PepsiCo means working in a culture where everyone’s invited. Here, you can dare to be yourself. No matter who you are or where you’re from, you can influence the people around you and the world at large. By showing up, you’ll have the opportunity learn, develop, and grow our unique skill sets at work. Our supportive teams can fuel your professional goals to make a global impact.
Join us. Dare for Better.
Functional Description: PepsiCo Finance are decision-makers and influence the direction of the company. Finance associates at PepsiCo are called upon to play four key roles to achieve our Winning with Purpose vision: Enhance enterprise value as a ‘Trustee’, deliver sustainable performance and results as an ‘Integrator’, reshape the business as a ‘Catalyst’ of change and most importantly set the long-term strategy and target agenda as a ‘Navigator’ of our business. Finance interns gain a foundation of the functional and organizational skills needed to contribute to these conversations as they rotate through different teams over the course of their career. Because the internship program is a critical feeder of future Finance leadership, interns must learn to take the risks and ask the questions required of the company’s rising stars. PepsiCo Finance is made up of the following functional areas across all divisions, unless otherwise noted:
- Brand and A&M Finance builds annual and long-term strategic brand plans, prepares the business case for new innovation and manages marketing budgets across all brands. Associates partner with Marketing and other cross-functional teams to build plans, allocate resources and performance manage against KPIs. (New York, Chicago, Plano)
- Financial Planning manages sector and corporate financial performance through action-oriented analytical insights and traditional financial tools. FP&A associates focus on the development of monthly forecasts, the annual operating plan, and the three-year strategic plan. FP&A partners with senior management to prepare presentations for the Executive Committee and Wall Street.
- Sales / Commercial Finance works with Customer Teams to drive sustainable revenue and profit growth with our customers. Sales Finance Associates build the revenue plan, working with Sales to optimize promotional spending and manage trade spend liabilities. They proactively manage portfolio mix to drive margin improvement.
- Revenue Management sets retail pricing and package architecture strategy, advises on customer portfolio strategy and optimizes trade spend. Revenue Management Associates assess consumer and category trends, the customer landscape and the competitive environment to develop these recommendations.
- Supply Chain Finance manages the company’s product manufacturing and distribution strategies by analyzing production, labor, transportation and selling costs. Supply Chain associates assess the historical and projected financial economics of producing and selling company products. Associates also evaluate productivity initiatives and perform capacity analyses to drive critical capital decisions and inform production planning.
- Mergers & Acquisitions is responsible for executing a wide range of transactions, including acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures and strategic alliances. M&A associates get involved from the outset of a potential transaction and work closely with Corporate Finance and business units throughout the process. Associates focus on structuring the transaction, leading due diligence, developing financial models, assisting with the business case and managing the internal approval process. (New York)
Treasury manages corporate liquidity as well as foreign exchange and commodity exposure. Treasury associates develop cash flow forecasts and mobilization strategies, invest cash balances, evaluate financing proposals, execute FX & Commodity hedging plans, and review insurance coverage and terms to support annual renewals. (New York)
- Global Procurement Financial Planning and Analysis partners with the Center of Excellence for global direct and indirect materials to deliver financial forecasts and plan. GP FP&A associates are responsible for analyzing and reporting Commodity inflation or deflation, and productivity initiatives to fuel performance, growth, and improve cash flow. Additionally, associates perform analysis that enable commodity hedging, covers, and contract management (New York).
- Strategy and Transformation builds the long-term strategy of PepsiCo to deliver sustainable, profitable growth. Strategy and Transformation associates support business development through M&A and partnerships, design and deploy next generation initiatives that will enable PepsiCo to future-proof its businesses, coordinate and scale sales technology and capability processes in coordination with functional teams, and drive sector-wide initiatives across the company. (New York and Plano)
What you can expect: A summer internship in Finance at PepsiCo is an opportunity to independently solve a critical business problem. Each intern is presented with a timely question for their team, and is challenged to think strategically and engage cross-functional partners to provide a comprehensive recommendation during their final presentation. This structure mirrors the project-based work process of full-time employees. Although this process lends itself to great autonomy in setting agenda, workflow and output, interns have the full support and backing of their managers and the broader Finance organization. As a class, PepsiCo Finance interns are availed of best-in-class exposure to senior leadership, education on the myriad pieces of the global PepsiCo organization, and opportunities to build relationship with fellow interns across both functions and US PepsiCo headquarters (New York, Plano, Chicago).Roles available in the following locations:
- Chicago, IL (Gatorade, Quaker, Frito-Lay Region, Beverages Division)
- Plano, TX (Frito-Lay HQ)
- Purchase, NY (Beverages HQ)
- COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment for this role. Please note that all such company vaccine requirements provide the opportunity to request an approved accommodation or exemption under applicable law
What we’re looking for:
- Currently concentrating in: Finance (other related concentrations will be considered)
- Bright, self-starting, innovative thinkers who are passionate about consumer products and have an interest in Corporate Finance
- Demonstrated leadership skills including the ability to build trusting relationships and operate with a growth mindset
- Ability to partner with cross-functional business leaders to craft short and long-term strategy
- Awareness of digital trends, curiosity to learn about new tools/technology or previous experience with digitization
- Ability to manage, glean insights from and drive action based on large, disparate sources of data
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
Minimum Qualifications – Each candidate is expected to:
- Graduate with MBA degree within one (1) year of internship completion.
- This position is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in the United States
- List the following on submitted resume:
- GPA (unless your school has a non-disclosure policy) & GMAT score
- 1st location preference (See ‘What you Can Expect’ for role locations)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement