We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! Come join our passionate team!
As a Fortune 50 company, we hire the best employees to serve our customers, making us a leader in the insurance and financial services industry. State Farm embraces diversity and inclusion to ensure a workforce that is engaged, builds on the strengths and talents of all associates, and creates a Good Neighbor culture.
We offer competitive benefits and pay with the potential for an annual financial award based on both individual and enterprise performance. Our employees have an opportunity to participate in volunteer events within the community and engage in a learning culture. We offer programs to assist with tuition reimbursement, professional designations, employee development, wellness initiatives, and more!
Visit our Careers page for more information on our benefits, locations and the process of joining the State Farm team!
INVESTMENT PROFESSIONAL – EQUITY ANALYST
State Farm is the largest insurer of cars and homes in the United States and a major provider of life insurance. The primary objective of State Farm Investments is to manage and invest in assets that align with, and support, the insurance operations of the organization. The investment portfolios are managed by a team using a collaborative and interactive approach. Assets under management exceed $300 billion.
The Equity Investments Team is based in Richardson (Dallas), Texas and manages over $100 billion of equity investments on behalf of State Farm. Equity investments include both publicly-traded common stocks and private equity investments. These investments are managed by dedicated public equity and private equity teams. The teams are focused on executing a risk aware strategy that invests in high quality businesses and private equity partnerships to achieve State Farm’s objectives. The strategy is based on long-term ownership, not trading.
The role will be to support the equity team through research and analysis of existing investments as well as involvement in the selection of new investments. The candidate will have the opportunity to develop a long-term career and a broad range of skills in equity investing. The analyst will have the opportunity to work with both the public and private equity teams over the first few years of employment.
- Position will start Summer (May/June) of 2024
Responsibilities of the Investment Professional – Equity Analyst may include:
- Gathering, analyzing, and evaluating information about portfolio companies through primary research, earnings calls & analyst days, and management meetings to assess risk and evaluate return potential
- Assisting in the evaluation of stocks for potential inclusion in State Farm’s portfolio
- Preparing in-depth analysis and periodic review presentations for individual stocks
- Assisting in the screening and due diligence of private equity general partners
- Preparing in-depth due diligence memos and annual review presentations for individual private equity partnerships
- Interacting with portfolio company management teams, private equity general partners, and other industry contacts
- Collaborating with colleagues across investment asset classes to share information, expertise, and ideas
Preferred Competencies and Experience:
- MBA or undergraduate degree in finance, accounting, economics or related field; with strong academic achievement with a minimum GPA of 3.5; graduating by May of 2024.
- Willingness to pursue the CFA designation and an MBA
- Ability to process large amounts of information, develop insights, and assess risk
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, as well as operate independently
- Strong prioritization, time management, and organizational skills to meet deadlines while maintaining attention to detail
- Desire to continuously learn and develop and put developed expertise into action
If being scheduled for a final interview, you will be asked to submit the following:
- Transcript for recent graduates (unofficial copy accepted)
HYBRID work environment: Qualified candidates should plan to spend time working from home and some time working in the office as part of our hybrid work environment.
****Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (e.g. H-1B visa) for this opportunity*****