Are you interested in being part of an innovative team that supports Westinghouse’s mission to provide clean energy solutions? At Westinghouse, we recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset and we seek to identify, attract and recruit the most qualified talent while recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the global workplace.
The Senior Financial Analyst has the responsibility of providing financial analysis, planning and reporting to site controller. Develop and implement systems, process and financial models to support management, This is a US Only role – we will consider remote candidates with a preference for a candidate local to Columbia, SC who can work a mobile or hybrid schedule.
Your Day to Day:
- Serve as primary interface for site and business unit in planning, analyzing, and reporting financial results.
- Serve as support resource for other business units for similar responsibilities
- Provide first level analytics to end-users on financial metrics and ah-hoc report requests
- Prepare and analyze financial plans, financial forecasts, and periodic updates.
- Prepare, support and/or deliver presentations on business unit financial results.
- Prepare accounting entries when needed and provide variance analysis of cost center spending,
- Analyze variances and develop improvement action recommendations.
- Prepare, monitor, and/or review analysis of balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare, support, and/or review preparation of MOR and variance analysis.
- Prepare and/or monitor special financial reporting requests to meet business needs.
- Analyze and interpret data to ensure a high level of accuracy, timeliness and usefulness
- Work with Manager to assist in developing/supporting monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Identify reporting opportunities based on analytical requirements from customers.
- Execute various reports and ad hoc data requests
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance. MBA and/or CPA highly desirable.
- 4 plus years of broad-based finance experience, mainly in analytical roles.
- Proven track record with respect to knowledge of financial processes, controls, and associated improvement programs
- A general understanding of systems and data quality
- Strong analytical skills demonstrated through previous project work e.g. experience in building FP&A models etc. (proficient in Excel)
- Ability to analyze complex financial information provide accurate and timely information for decision making purposes
- Ability to clearly and consistently communicate sensitive, complex or difficult information using simple terms and an appropriate style for the audience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with ability to influence decisions and interact with all levels of management
- Ability to question and challenge status quo to drive efficiencies and identify opportunities to reduce costs.
Westinghouse Electric Company is the global nuclear energy industry’s first choice for safe, clean, and efficient energy solutions. We enable our delivery of this vision by living our value system:
- Safety and Quality
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus and Innovation
- Speed and Passion to Win
- Teamwork and Accountability
Westinghouse offers competitive benefits to all our employees around the globe to keep them healthy and enhance their well-being. In the U.S. the following are representative of what we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health, Wellness and Income Protection Benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Opportunities for Flexible Work Arrangements
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Employee Referral Program
While our Global Headquarters are located in Cranberry Township, PA, we have over 9,000 employees working at locations in 19 different countries. You can learn more by visiting http://www.westinghousenuclear.com.
EOE of Minorities / Females / Vets / Disability.