This is a community for those interested in all areas of Consulting to explore news, resources and events from the CDO, SOM Clubs and broader Yale.
Management consulting is the practice of providing consulting services to organizations to improve their performance or to assist in achieving operational, organizational and strategic objectives.
Sample employers include Bain, Boston Consulting Group (BCG), Deloitte, EY-Parthenon, Kearney, KPMG, L.E.K., Mars & Co., McKinsey, Oliver Wyman, PWC, and Strategy&.
Specialty consulting covers firms with clients in a particular niche area and can be industry-wide (ie. Education) or functional (Innovation).
Sample employers include:
- Economic – Analysis Group, Cornerstone
- Technology – Accenture, IBM, ICF, West Monroe
- Healthcare – Chartis Group, ZS Associates
- Growth Strategy – Blue Ridge Partners, Fidelity Consulting, Simon-Kucher
- Design & Innovation – co:collective, Doblin, Innosight
- Education – Bellwether Education Partners, Bridgespan, Tyton
- Non-Profit – CCS Fundraising, Wellspring
- Government – Delivery Associates, Guidehouse
- Economic Development – IDInsight, Accenture Development Partnerships, Redstone Strategy Group
Often referred to as Internal Strategy or Corporate Strategy, serve in an internal advisory capacity within organizations. Consulting expertise improves company performance.
Sample employers include:
- Financial: Fidelity, American Express, Liberty Mutual, M&T Bank, Chase
- Health: Bayer, Yale New Haven Health System, Pfizer
- Tech: IBM, Tata Consulting, Samsung
- CPG: PepsiCo, Ford
- Energy: Amphenol
- Government: US Secret Service, National Parks
During an interview, it is common to be asked “Tell me about yourself.” Even though you’re mentally prepared for the question to be asked, suddenly your heart starts racing, your mind goes blank, and you just plain forget how to …
A campus ambassador serves an important role in the recruiting process for firms. While different firms use different titles, this role is staffed with a full-time consultant for a 2-4 month rotation. Typically the consultant graduated from business school within …
“Business casual” is a straightforward dress code in that the name translates precisely to what it means: a mix of formal and casual clothing. Yet it can be hard to know what’s too formal for this dress code and, conversely, …
Great seeing so many of you at Consulting Club Kick-off last week!
Deborah Shea and I shared a lot of resources – all valuable!! Below are the links. And always feel free to check in with the CDO with any …
Last week’s Wall Street Journal article by Lindsay Ellis highlights the delayed start dates facing recent graduates/incoming new consultants at management consulting firms in the US. While not included in the article, delayed start dates coupled with anticipated high accepted …