CPT, OPT & H1B Visas
- For any questions regarding CPT, OPT, or visas, please reach out to the Yale Office of International Students and Scholars (OISS)
- Sign up for the OISS newsletter – includes deadline reminders and information on US immigration and tax regulations!
- Make an appointment with OISS Senior Advisor for Yale SOM students, Erin Gustafson
- Can international students work part-time during the academic year?
- Unfortunately, mostly no. International students cannot work during the academic year, except for Yale University. MMS-AM are the exception, because work experience is a required part of their coursework. Contact OISS with any questions.
Finding US Employers that Sponsor
- How do I know if an employer has entered specific information related to work authorization* in Yale SOM’s Career Management System (CMS)?
- * Note: these work authorization notes are related to specific roles. Employers may sponsor for other types of roles in their organization.
- See a list of employers who hired Yale SOM 2022 graduates who reported needing sponsorship.
- See the Work Visa Database at MyVisaJobs.com
- Check the OPT Employers section at GoinGlobal*
- *GoinGlobal is a third party website. Information related to CPT, OPT, and visas on this website may not be accurate. Always check with OISS to confirm information or clarify questions related to CPT, OPT, and H1B visas.
- Must be on VPN to access.