CPT, OPT & H1B Visas
- For any questions regarding CPT, OPT, or visas, please reach out to the Yale Office of International Students and Scholars (OISS)
- Can international students work part-time during the academic year?
- Unfortunately, mostly no. International students cannot work during the academic year, except for Yale University. MMS-AM are the exception, because work experience is a required part of their coursework. Contact OISS with any questions.
Finding US Employers that Sponsor
- How do I know if an employer has entered specific information related to work authorization* in Yale SOM’s Career Management System (CMS)?
- * Note: these work authorization notes are related to specific roles. Employers may sponsor for other types of roles in their organization.
- See a list of employers who hired Yale SOM 2020 – 2022 graduates who reported needing sponsorship here.
- See the Work Visa Database at MyVisaJobs.com
- Check the OPT Employers section at GoinGlobal*
- *GoinGlobal is a third party website. Information related to CPT, OPT, and visas on this website may not be accurate. Always check with OISS to confirm information or clarify questions related to CPT, OPT, and H1B visas.
- Must be on VPN to access.
- Firefox or Edge browsers preferred
Finding International Opportunities
& STEM concentrations
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services expects to accept and approve a low number of H-1B registrations from the H-1B lottery’s first selection round. USCIS officials likely believe only 50,000 or fewer H-1B registrations from the first selection earlier this year …
Most social-impact organizations today express a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI).
The National Council of Nonprofits encourages organizations to not only articulate their values, but to be guided by them and to integrate them into their daily operations. …
Even when we’re speaking the same language, we all communicate a little differently. Some people offer short, straightforward responses or explanations while others might add a ton of detail.
Knowing your own communication style—and learning to adapt to different styles—can …
In the workplace, emotional intelligence, or EQ, is valued more than IQ. 75% of responders to a classic CareerBuilder survey of hiring managers said they cared more about employees’ EQ than their IQ.
“Technical competency and intelligence are important assets …
Every year, the United States recognizes the rich histories and cultures of Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders to commemorate the arrival of the first Japanese immigrants on May 7, 1843. As part of the recognition, lawmakers officially designated May as …