The Summer Series live sessions and recorded videos and Summer Exploration industry information form the building blocks of your summer career preparation, along with the Resume Review process.
All incoming students will experience our Career Essentials series in preparation for fall recruiting.
- Your CDO Partnership
- Exploring Your Strengths
- Telling Your Story
- Your Resume Process
- Your Best Tool for Recruiting: Your Network
- Your Job Search
Details on engaging with each series are included in the program blog posts below.
One of your first deliverables as a Yale SOM student is your resume. Your resume is a key tool to highlight your skills and experiences to employers and alumni as you launch your career search.
- Prepare your resume using the Yale SOM Template (also available in vMock)
- The first week of June, you will receive an invitation email to Vmock, our online resume guidance tool which will examine formatting, grammar and spelling
- Upload your resume to Vmock in the Yale SOM Template
- Our goal for the summer is to achieve a score of 88+ by your program due date to be included in our review process
Summer is, for most incoming students, a less busy period than the fall. We encourage you to take this time to explore different industry and function interests.
As a starting place, review Resources in our industry communities including:
- (Firsthand) Vault Industry Guides (Note: On your first visit to this site, follow this link and click the Get Started button, then, on the log-in page, click “No account yet? Register now.” below the log-in section. You should choose the netID account option.)
- mbaMission Industry Guides
- ExploreSOM Alumni Panel Videos
- Industry Recruiting Timelines
- Student Search Stories
ASK ME ANYTHING / OPEN HOURS
Join CDO Career Coaches with your career-related questions. Any career-related questions are welcome! No pre-registration needed. Find the Ask Me Anything or Open Hour for your program in the events block or summer programming post below.